3rd Place: Screwdriver Tenderloin
Submitted by Gary Neumann from Leesburg, FL
Main Entrée: Pork tenderloin marinated cooked and served with an orange sauce
(no pictures submitted)
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 2 navel oranges
- 1/2 cup citrus vodka
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup orange vodka
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2/3 tsp thyme
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- Combine vodka and squeezed OJ in a plastic bag, also throw the orange peels in. Place tenderloin in bag with marinade. Marinate 3 to 6 hours.
- Place olive oil in pan and heat until pan is hot. Salt and pepper tenderloin and brown on all side.
- Oven is at 400 degrees.
- Place tenderloin in oven and bake until it reaches 170 degrees with a thermometer.
- Remove from oven cover and let rest for ten minutes.
- Using the same pan add vodka and chicken stock to deglaze the pan and continue heating until the liquid begins to boil.
- Add the cream and thyme and continue to boil for 5 minutes.
- Add orange marmalade and red wine vinegar and boil for another 5 minutes.
- Slice tenderloin and serve with sauce.