Honorable Mention – Penne ala Vodka with Shrimp
Submitted by Kim Carter from The Villages, FL
Main Entrée: Tomato based cream sauce with Vodka & shrimp
(no pictures submitted)
- 1or 2 lbs = of Penna pasta
- 7 tbs or 1 stick = Salted or unsalted butter.
- 1/2 tbs = hot pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1/2 cup = Vodka (or more)
- 1 1/4 cup = Canned Italian plum tomatoes (chopped) drain 1/2 the juice.
- 1 1/4 cup = heavy cream (or more)
- 1 tsp = salt (or to taste)
- 1 cup = grated parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta to box directions.
- Melt the butter, add the red pepper & Vodka simmer for 2 min. Add tomatoes, cream, simmer for 5 min. Then add the salt & the shrimp simmer till shrimp are pink.
- Add the Drained pasta to the sauce and then add the Parmesan Cheese,
- Stir and serve.