Honorable Mention – Pistachio Encrusted Pork Tenderloin
Submitted by Bill Miller from The Villages, FL
Main Entrée: Very easy to prepare. A pork tenderloin recipe that you will want again & again. Your guests will rave and you will smile knowing how easy it was to make.
- 2.5 Cups of all purpose flour
- 2 Sticks ( 1cup ) of unsalted butter cut into 1/4” cubes
- 2 Tbs. granulated sugar
- 2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/4 C Vodka from the freezer
- 3 Cups Fresh Cherries pitted
- 2 Cups Fresh Raspberries
- 2 Cups Fresh Blueberries
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Blueberry Vodka
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Quick Cooking Tapioca
- 2 Tbs. Unsalted Butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 Egg, pinch of salt
- 1 tbs. water
- 2 tbs. of sanding sugar
Preparing the dough:
- Place flour, sugar and salt in a metal or ceramic mixing bowl. Chill for 2 hours ( I put mine in the freezer ). after 2 hrs. blend cold butter cubes into flour using a pastry blender or butter knife method. Mix until mealy.
- Make well in flour mixture and drizzle vodka in slowly while mixing together. Add water 1 tbs. at a time until dough and be held together in a small fist, then it’s ready. If it’s still dry add 1 tbs. water or vodka at a time.
- Form dough into 2 disks wrap in plastic wrap. 1 disk for bottom crust should be a couple of ounces heaver than to crust. ( I use a kitchen scale ) Mine weighed 12.78 and 11.25
- Preheat over to 400 on well floured counter ( I used parchment paper and the peeled off onto pie dish ) Chill the pie shell 20-30 min. while preparing the filling.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all berries and 1/2 cup of sugar, mix well. Add Blueberry Vodka mix again and let rest 1 hr. stirring occasionally.
- Strain off juices into med. size sauce pan bring juices to a boil. Boil gently until reduces to thicker liquid. Add tapioca, salt, 2 tbs. sugar. Let rest for 30 min. then add to pie crust. Dot with butter. Add top crust and put strips of tin foil around the pie edges. Place pie on baking sheet add egg wash and sprinkle raw sugar. Bake at 400 for 20 min reduce temp. to 350 for 35-45 min until golden brown on top. I baked min 45 min. in an electric over.
Will keep up to 3 days at room temperature.